ONCE A WINDSURFER, ALWAYS A WINDSURFER!!!

Most of people claim that at some point of ther life they had a lifechanging experience. This blog I dedicated to mine - WINDSURFING.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

MY FIRST BOARD

Couple of days ago I decided to make myself useful (for a change) and throw away some old junk that was piling up in the garage for some years now. I knew that there will be some really useless and worthless stuff, but I was very surprised when i stumbled upom my very first windsurf board! That's when the trip down the memory lane started.

I was around 12-13 years old when I stood the first time on that board. My older brother and cousin were just starting to learn the basics of windsurfing, and I can't even describe how cool it was for me when I found out about it. Don't get me wrong, the windsurfing today, and the wsurfing 15 years ago, are two completely different things. It was only lightwind wsurfing for me then, but it was so much fun! At the beginning I could barely get the sail out of the water, but that did't discourage me. After around 10000 falls, wrong steps on the board and things like that I finally managed to wsurf! I used that board for years later, and with some small repairs, I bet someone with enough desire to learn, could still use it. Here are some facts about the board: I could not carry it alone 15 years ago, and I can barely do it now. It's around 400 cm long, 60 cm wide, and cca. 15-18 cm thick, which calculates to arround 350 ltr volume. It had a wooden centerboard, no footstraps, and it was really slippery (belive me, I know). But at least I learned how to repair a board and how to paint it. Here are some pictures with the last paintjob :) (sorry about the dust, it has not seen the light of day for more than 10 years...)

No comments: