ONCE A WINDSURFER, ALWAYS A WINDSURFER!!!

Most of people claim that at some point of ther life they had a lifechanging experience. This blog I dedicated to mine - WINDSURFING.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SURF REPORT #1

Since I started wsurfing, considering the number of days that were windy enough to enjoy a good wsurf session, this year was definitely the worst! Last two days were a exception to that rule. The bura we had, was not too strong, but it was a real refreshement. I used my 6.6 m2 sail with 134L board, and it was just enough to plane.

Too bad I had to work, so I could not arrive at the spot sooner than 5 P.M., but I still pulled a solid 2 hrs session. Here are some shots of bura I made with my cell. in the morning before going to work.

At that time the wind had a speed of 40-50 knots, but it fell to 30 in the afternoon. The thing about bura is that it never blows with constant speed, rather with strikes that last for couple of minutes. So even if the wind grows weaker, you can still hope for a bright moment.

A tip for the newcomers: when trimming a sail, always consider the strenght of the wind! With correct amount of downhaul, outhaul and other "rope pulling", you can fine tune your sail, and optimise it for the wind conditions you are facing at the moment! A good tuned and balanced equipment can save you a lot of headache!

No comments: